Meet our Optometrists and office staff
Stephanie yoshimura, od
rebecca kennedy, od
Dr. Yoshimura graduated from the University of California, Berkeley School of Optometry in 2003. She completed her undergraduate work at the University of California, Davis in 1998. In July 2004, she completed her residency in primary care/hospital based optometry at the Sepulveda V.A. Hospital in Northridge, CA. Dr. Yoshimura is well versed in the areas of laser vision correction (LASIK), pre and post operative care for cataract surgery, comprehensive eye care, contact lens fitting, and is certified to treat primary open angle glaucoma. Dr. Yoshimura holds an American Board Certification in Medical Optometry. Being a Sacramento native, Dr. Yoshimura always knew she would return to the Sacramento area. She and her husband now enjoy busy weekends and evenings with their 3 boys, and extended families.
- Dr. Rebecca Kennedy is a native of Lompoc CA located near Vandenberg Air Force Base.
- She attended University of Washington in Seattle where she earned her Bachelors of Science in Cell and Molecular Biology and went on to earn her Doctor of Optometry from New England College of Optometry in Boston in 2002. Dr. Kennedy promptly returned to her home state of California and has been practicing full scope optometry in Sacramento for nearly 20 years.
- She is certified to treat primary open angle glaucoma and holds an American Board Certification in Medical Optometry. She has been comanaging Lasik, PRK, Refractive
- Cataract Surgery, including multifocal and specialty lens implant surgery. Dr. Kennedy appreciates that vision and health are closely interwoven
- and takes a whole person approach to vision care.
Michael B Hatashita, OD
Dr. Hatashita graduated with highest honors from the University of Davis in California with a Bachelor of Science. He also received a B.S. and a Doctorate of Optometry degree from the University of California School of Optometry in Berkeley, California.
Dr. Hatashita also completed post doctorate studies at Southern California School of Optometry. He is TPA and DPA certified and has been in practice for over 30 years.